You do not have to heal alone, and the journey may not be as scary as you envision. We would love to have you join us for support group!
► New clients, please arrive 30 minutes early to complete intake with an Advocate
► Free childcare available – if needed, please give 24 hour notification
► Interpreting available – if needed, please contact us at least a week in advance
► Come as often as you want or as little as you want! These are open, ongoing groups and not fixed groups with curriculum time frames.
Due to the sensitive nature of this topic, Support Group is intended for individuals who identify as female. CARDV strives for inclusiveness and safety for all individuals. If you do not identify as female, and you are interested in support group, please contact us and let us know.
What CARDV support groups look like:
- Facilitated by a CARDV Advocate
- Discussion topics about intimate partner violence and/or sexual violence
- Arts and crafts!
- Self-care tips and support
- Game and/or movie days
- “Check-in” that allows for open conversation about how everyone’s weeks are going
- Interpreting services as needed
What CARDV support groups do NOT look like:
- Talking in depth about traumatic incidences
- Forced disclosure about abuse experienced
- Victim blaming and judgmental attitudes