DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AND NEEDED
By donating monetary contributions, in-kind items, or your time and talent, you can make a real difference in the lives of victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. You can help ensure that CARDV will continue to be a vital part of our community, helping to make certain that the women and children (or other victims of domestic or sexual violence) who reach out to CARDV in the wake of abuse will have the support and resources they need to rebuild their lives. CARDV strives to continue improving our programs to provide the best possible advocacy, support, and resources.
In the words of one of our clients:
I have received support from an organization that has become something like a second family to me. Without the work that CARDV has done, I am not sure that I would be here today… You can look at the work CARDV does with figures and statistics, but that is not fair because it goes beyond that. You can probably not understand the true value of it until you need it yourself. As wonderful what they do is, I hope that neither you nor anyone you know will ever need their help, but as I learned, no amount of preparation or self-defense skills can completely protect you. CARDV is a wonderful resource in our society. Please support them with what you can, as you will help others, just like me, to go from being victims to even stronger survivors.
Additional questions or ideas?
For questions regarding financial contributions, please contact the Executive Director or call (573) 642-1418 ext. 206.
For questions regarding in-kind donations, organizing a hygiene product drive, or volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator or call (573) 642-1418 ext. 205.
Domestic Violence Shelter Tax Credit Information
If your contribution of cash, stocks, or bonds is at least $100 you are eligible for a 50% credit on your Missouri State tax return. The tax credit is available for all contributions totaling $100 or more for the year (e.g. two donations of $50).
How to Claim Tax Credit
- Make a financial donation to CARDV. If you donate more than $100 over the calendar year, our Executive Director will send you an Application for Claiming Tax Credits in early January of the next year. If you know you have made your final contribution to CARDV for the year and would like the application sooner, please enclose a note with your mailed donation or contact our Executive Director if you make a contribution through PayPal.
- When you receive the Application for Claiming Tax Credits, review the information to make sure it is correct and sign and date it. There will also be highlighted areas for you to complete.
- Drop off the Application for Claiming Tax Credits at CARDV or mail it to:
Attn: Executive Director
The Executive Director will review, approve, and sign your application and send it to the Department of Social Services. The Department of Social Services must receive the completed application within one year of your donation, so please be sure you send it to CARDV in a timely manner.
Once your application is approved by the Department of Social Services, you will receive a Certification of Eligibility. Attach it to your Missouri State Tax Return.
- Be sure to include your phone number with your donation if you are interested in a tax credit. This information is required on the application and receipt, and it is also helpful in case our Executive Director needs to contact you to clarify any information.
- Please note that if you file your Missouri State tax return jointly, you must include both names and social security numbers on the Application for Claiming Tax Credits. If the Certification of Eligibility issued for the tax credit is not made out the same as the way you file your taxes, it is possible this will result in the credit not being accepted by the Department of Revenue.
- For more information, please visit http://dss.mo.gov/dfas/taxcredit/dvtaxcredit.htm